Priced out of playing
BAHS teachers get their classrooms back

BAHS teachers get their classrooms back

April 26, 2024

Student teacher support program launches in Pennsylvania

April 26, 2024

Featured Alumni: Sidney Patterson

Featured Alumni: Sidney Patterson

April 26, 2024

Blue Devils continue to score but lose to PO

Softball teams falls at home in extras
Morgan Kienzle
Josh Dorminy had 3 hits and an RBI in B-A’s loss to Philipsburg-Osceola.

Following an upset loss yesterday against Philipsburg-Osceola, the baseball team’s record stands at 0-3.

Offensively, the team is continuing to score runs, but the defense is having some troubles.

Last Wednesday, the team faced off against Huntington, where they lost by a score of 15-6, and yesterday the Blue Devils lost again in a tough battle against the Mounties by a score by 7-6.

In each of the games played so far, the Blue Devils have scored 6 runs, but have suffered collapses in crucial innings.

In the Huntington game, the baseball team was leading 6-2 in the 4th inning. Unfortunately, they then let up 8 runs in the 5th, and 5 runs in the 6th. These slight breakdowns seem to be a consistent struggle so far, and ultimately end up leading to losses.

“The blow-up innings are hurting us really bad,” said Josh Dorminy. “We have to eliminate those, and then we will start winning games.”

A similar scenario happened yesterday against P-O. To start, P-O was leading 3-0 after the first inning. But the Blue Devils recovered and shut the Mounties out for 4 straight innings, while scoring 5 total runs between the 4th and 5th innings.

However, in the 6th Bellwood would let up another 3 runs off of a mix of walks and hits, and would end up behind by 1 run.

Continuing to show resilience, Bellwood then tied it in the 7th at 6-6, but would give up a walk off hit to end the game.

Chase Plummer and Dorminy each had multipole hits for B-A against the Mounties, with Dorminy going 3-for-4 with an RBI and Plummer finishing 2-for-4 with a run, an RBI and a double. Zach Gonzales added a double for B-A, which pounded out 10 hits, one more than PO, but committed 3 errors.

SOFTBALL LOSES IN HOME OPENER

The Lady Blue Devil softball played their home opener yesterday against the Huntingdon Lady Bearcats.

While the game stayed close for most of the duration, B-A ultimately fell 10-8 in extra innings.

The score was 1-0 in the 5th inning before Huntington’s bats came alive in the 6th as they put 4 more runs up. However, the Lady Devils responded, erupting for an 8-running inning,  giving them an 8-5 lead after 6.

Going into the final inning, Huntingdon was able to come back, scoring 3 runs to tie the game 8-8.

In the top of the 8th, Huntingdon kept rolling, putting up 2 more runs, and putting the pressure on the Lady Devils. Bellwood went scoreless in the bottom of the 8th, ending the game.

Parker Martin, Lainey Quick, and London McKee all had two hits in the game. McKee doubled, tripled and also had 2 RBIs for the Lady Devils. Palynn Gregg ended the game with 8 strike outs.