The Lady Blue Devils prepare to take on the Lady Bucs

Lady Devils look to avoid third loss to Burrell and advance towards Hershey

Denise Showalter

Mikayla Carles and the Lady Devils know defense will be huge in tonight’s game against Burrell at Richland.

Sapphire McCready, Sports Editor

Tonight the Lady Blue Devils will travel to Richland to go up against Burrell in the second round of the PIAA playoffs.

Burrell has knocked the Lady Blue Devils out of the playoffs two years in a row.  The Lady Blue Devils must get over the hump. They are trying their hardest to keep the dream of being state champions alive.

“We are determined because this is the team who ended our season the past 2 years,” said Kelly Leamer. “We aren’t going to let that happen again.  We need to play together and for each other.”

In the 2012-2013 season, the Lady Blue Devils fell to the Lady Bucs with a score of 65-46.

In the 2013-2014 season, a week after winning the District 6-AA title, the Lady Blue Devils fell to the Lady Bucs a second time with a final score of 34-29.

“They say it’s hard to beat a team three times.  Let’s hope that holds true tonight,” said Ana Hollen. “Losing the District Championship put us in the bracket with Burrell, and I feel like that’s just fate we get matched up one last time.  We show up tonight and stay together, Burrell is a beatable team.  I’m not ready to hang up my jersey just yet.”

Blue Devil Nation will be taking a student bus to help support the Lady Blue Devils take on the Lady Bucs.

BDN student organizer Chad Luensmann said, “We hope that taking the student bus gives people incentive to come.  We are also wearing gym uniforms so we look like one unit.  And of course we are going to #Electrify.”

Jake Shade said, “It’s good for them to see people in the school have their backs.  We like to try to get them fired up from the stands.  We also like to get in the heads of the other team.”