FCA collects 1,517 boxes of cereal

Nick Lovrich

FCA members collected cereal boxes in record numbers to donate to the St. Vincent DePaul food pantry.

Lindsey McCaulley, Staff Writer

Over the past two months FCA has been in charge of a cereal drive to help community members in need.

Advisor Mr. Lovrich announced yesterday that the group collected a record 1,517 boxes of cereal.

All 1,517 boxes will help those who are in need.  The cereal will be benefit the St. Vincent DePaul Food Pantry of Blair County. The cereal will feed those who go to the food pantry for almost two months.

“People not having food is not just a big city problem. It is a problem here in Blair County,” said Mr. Lovrich.

FCA adviser Mr. Lovrich is very pleased with the help from the students, faculty and community to help those in need.

“It is great to see our students and faculty help so many less fortunate people. I am very proud of what we have accomplished,” said Lovrich.

“God calls us all to one another, and this cereal drive was one way we all could show God’s love to those less fortunate,” said FCA president Isaac Mills.  “We are very blessed in this area, and this was a way we could help others.”

The process of collecting cereal started in January. In each homeroom there were boxes for students and faculty to place the cereal that they brought in. To get some more help with collecting boxes social media was there to remind students to bring in cereal boxes. Basketball games were another great way in helping FCA gather more boxes of cereal.

Mr. Lovrich is glad that students and faculty were able to help others who aren’t as fortunate as they are.

“We are so lucky to have all the things we have and because we are so lucky we need to make sure we help those who are not as lucky,” said Lovrich.

Vice-president Ryan Bouslough said the work it took to conduct the drive was worth it.

“With the help of the students and faculty, a lot of people will be helped,” said Bouslough.

Mrs. Judy Savine the coordinator of cereal drives, said Bellwood is their number one school in the area for donating.