B-A student-athletes earn special recognition

Sapphire McCready

B-A student athletes: Randy Zitterbart, Duke Brunner, Tyson Miller, Zach Mock, Sawyer Kline, Matt McMillian, Ethan McGee, Jarryd Kissell, Jake Burch, Dallas Huff, Cameron Wood, Hunter McCracken, Jake McCaulley, and Zach Taylor

Sapphire McCready, Sports Editor

Bellwood-Antis High School continues to shine both on the football field and academically.

There were 16 students from BAHS that had the honor of being on either the gold or silver teams of the Pennsylvania Football News All-Academic team.

“As a coaching staff we are very proud that we have students that excel in the classroom and on the field.  It shows they have good work ethic in everything they do and we always stress that they are a student first and an athlete later so it is a good accomplishment for them,” said B-A football coach Lovrich.

To qualify for the PFN Gold team the student-athletes had to maintain at least a 3.80 grade point average and also excel on the field.

The students that are on the PFN Gold team this year are as follows: Ryan Bouslough, Dallas Huff, Matt McMillan, Tyson Miller, Jake Burch, Jake McCaulley, Zach Taylor, Jarryd Kissell, Sawyer Kline, and Ryan Moore.

To qualify for the PFN Silver Team the student-athletes had to maintain at least a 3.50-3.79 grade point average and also excel on the field.

The students that are on the PFN Silver team this year are as follows: Hunter McCracken, Zach Mock, Cameron Wood, Randy Zitterbart, Duke Brunner, and Ethan McGee.

Congratulations to all the qualifiers!