Panasiti, Hollen named Mountain League MVP’s

Sydney Pattersn/Kerry Naylor

Marissa Panasiti and Tina Hollen earned top honors in the Mountain League at the recent awards banquet.

Joe Padula, Staff Writer

Two of Bellwood-Antis’s female athletes were awarded with the Mountain League M.V.P in their respective sports for their superb seasons this year.

Sophomore standout Tina Hollen was presented with the league Most Valuable Player award for her accomplishments on the tennis courts while senior Marissa Panasiti took the top prize for her performance in soccer.

Tina, who plays on the Tyrone/Bellwood-Antis co-op team, had an impressive overall 13-3 record this year, going 11-2 in the regular season and going 2-1 in the playoffs.

It’s a great honor to be chosen from all these girls and represent Bellwood-Antis on a Tyrone team.

— Tina Hollen

Tina was very proud she won the award and that she was able to represent her school.

“It’s a great honor to be chosen from all these girls and represent Bellwood-Antis on a Tyrone team,” she said.

Going forward Tina looks to build on this season’s prosperity with even more success in her junior and senior seasons.

“I hope to be M.V.P the next two years and to go undefeated in the league as well as make the district finals,” she added.

On the soccer field Panasiti had a record breaking season.

Marissa tallied 34 goals and 21 assists, which easily beat previous single season school records.

Marissa was very thrilled to win the award, but she knew that she earned it.

“Winning league M.V.P is a really great honor, but at the same time it was well deserved,” she said.

Maybe the biggest surprise of the entire ceremony was that Noah D’Angelo, a previous first team selection (last year) and the second leading scorer in the league this year with 21 goals, was kept off of the boy’s soccer first team and placed on the league’s second team.

Noah’s sister Riley was named to the first team girl’s all-star soccer team, while senior Raegan Plowman made the second unit.