B-A routs Glendale

Ali Wagner

Tanner Worthing was one of many Blue Devils to turn up his game against the Vikings.

Blair Poorman, Staff Writer

The Bellwood-Antis boys’ basketball team won a cupcake matchup last night against the 0-21 Glendale Vikings, with a final score of 98-26, just failing to get to 100 points.

B-A put up 41 points in the first quarter, and rode a 67-13 lead into halftime.

It’s hard to play in games like that because it’s not what we’re expecting to face in the playoffs.

— Noah D'Angelo

“We got a good run and that was what Coach Gerwert said we should try to get,” said senior Noah D’Angelo. “It’s hard to play in games like that because it’s not what we’re expecting to face in the playoffs. But we still played well.”

With the junior varsity team getting major minutes in the second half, nearly everyone on the team scored.

Nathan Davis led all scorers with 15, Joey Padula pitched in 14, and Jake Burch added 13.

It was the last game at Bellwood-Antis High School for the Blue Devil seniors.

“It was surreal and saddening for the us, the seniors, to win our last game on that court.  This is only the beginning of our season though,” said D’Angelo.

B-A’s next contest is against a tough 13-5 Bishop Guilfoyle team tomorrow night at Pleasant Valley Gymnasium, in what has the looks to be a playoff tune-up game.

The Devils will then play Saturday in the Inter-County Conference championship against Southern Fulton at Claysburg-Kimmel High School.

“It will be a good game for us to get ready for the ICC championship and for playoffs,” said Padula.

The win continues B-A’s streak to 11 wins in a row, and improves their record to 18-2 on the year.