Another successful FCA cereal drive in the books

Nick Lovrich

FCA members holding the donated cereal.

Jarrett Taneyhill, News Editor

878 boxes of cereal were donated to the St. Vincent DePaul Food Pantry thanks to the students of Bellwood-Antis and local corporate sponsors.

“On behalf of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, I would like to thank everyone for their support for the 2016 cereal drive to benefit the St. Vincent DePaul Food Pantry. With the help of our staff, our students, and our corporate sponsors (Paint Rite, Martin Oil Company, Rossi’s Corner Store, Imler’s Poultry, and Sheetz) we collected 878 boxes,” said FCA adviser Mr. Nick Lovrich.

The middle school contributed the most boxes out of all of the schools with 276 boxes of cereal, the elementary school was close behind with 235 boxes, and the high school contributed 129 boxes of cereal. The corporate sponsors provided 238 boxes of cereal on top of this.

FCA president Nathan Davis hopes that the low number from the high school motivates students next year.

“It’s a bit disappointing moving down from last year but hopefully this can fuel the fire for all of the schools and especially the high school because they’re going to realize this is a real thing,” explained Nathan.

Despite the number of boxes being donated this year is lower than the boxes donated last year, both Mr. Lovrich and Nathan still think that this was a successful cereal drive.

“It is less than what we had last year, but it is still good because it is more than what we’ve had in past years. Last year was #1 but this year was still #2.  It would’ve been nice to get more but is just something to keep working for,” explained Mr. Lovrich.

“I think every box of cereal is a success so when you have as many kids chipping in as possible throughout the three schools, I think this was definitely a success,” said Nathan.

Thank you to everyone that donated cereal to the cereal drive.