B-A rises up at United Invitational

Blair Poorman, Staff Writer

On Saturday, the Bellwood-Antis boys and girls track teams competed in the United Invitational.

B-A had only one first place finisher, Clay Engle, who grabbed a first place in the High Jump with a jump of 5’10”.

Clay also placed second in Triple Jump with a 39-11.25, along with fellow B-A sophomore Tanner Worthing who placed fifth with a jump of 38-05.25.

The Bellwood girls also snatched up two second place finished on Saturday, with Alexis Gerwert clearing 8’06” in pole vault, along with Marissa Panasiti running a 1:00.3 in 400 Meter Dash, one of the fastest times in Blair County this year.

“I didn’t think I was going to be able to run that well. But I got it down a whole second.  I guess it’s all who you run against.  I feel good about my time, I didn’t hit a minute until later towards districts last track season,” said Marissa about her 400 time.

Marissa also got fourth in both the 100 and 200 Meter Dashes.

Junior Jarrett Taneyhill threw a 158-09 in Javelin to get a third place finish for Bellwood.

The Blue Devils’ also excelled in the relay events at the invitational, the 4×100 Relay team of Nate Friedenberger, Nathan Davis, Noah D’Angelo, and Tanner Worthing got a third place finish. As well as the 4×400 Relay team of Shawn Wolfe, Nathan Davis, Noah D’Angelo, and Tanner Wothing also grabbed a third place.  The B-A 4×800 Relay team of Zach Taylor, Robert VanKirk, Brayton Coover, and Noah D’Angelo got a fifth place.

Freshman Shawn Wolfe ran a time of 12.16 in the 100 Meter Dash to place fifth for B-A.

Senior Zach Taylor was the only sixth place finisher for Bellwood, running a time of 2:15.91 in the 800 Meter Run.