The Blue Devils stay on top

Krystina Taylor’s second home run was part of a big day fort the softball team in a blowout over Juniata Valley on Friday.

Christina Kowalski, Sports/Social Media Editor

The Bellwood-Antis softball team had 14 hits in their three-inning, 15-0 victory over the Juniata Valley Hornetson Friday in Alexandria.

The Blue Devils went on a scoring spree as they scored 11 runs in the second inning.

The win improved B-A’s record to 9-0, with four wins coming by way of mercy rule.

“We managed to stay on the ball even with the slow pitcher,” said Laycee Clark. “We had to adjust to the speed since the pitching on Thursday was a lot faster.”

The win improved B-A’s record to 9-0, with four wins coming by way of mercy rule. It also marked the fourth time the Blue Devils have put up at least 13 runs.

B-A leads the ICC with a 7-0 record.

Saige McElwain led the team with hits against the Hornets. McElwain had three hits two RBI’s and two doubles.

Edyn Convery added two hits and two RBI’s and Caroline Showalter added two hits and an RBI in the victory.

Freshman Krystina Taylor added three runs when she blasted a homer in the third. It was the second homer run for Taylor this season.

Taylor Shildt picked up the win for the Blue Devils while only giving up two hits.

The Blue Devils will be back in action today when they host Glendale in a double header.