B-A has big day at home invitational

Christina Kowalski

Kamryn Mercer clears four feet six inches

BLair Poorman, Sports Writer

Yesterday the Bellwood-Antis boys and girls track teams had the Bellwood Invitational yesterday as 20 teams competed. B-A took fourth place overall in both the girls and boys events.

Lexi Gerwert was the lone B-A track member to take a first place yesterday as she soared over 10-0 in pole vault, and continued to dominate her competition.

B-A also had a number of second place finishers in the meet yesterday.

Nathan Davis ran a 52.33 in the 400 meter dash which was good enough to take second place, as well as finishing fifth in the 200 meter dash.

The Bellwood boys 4×400 relay team of Nathan Davis, Noah D’Angelo, Tanner Worthing, and Shawn Wolfe also placed second.

Matt Glunt took second in the high jump with a jump over 6-0.

Jarrett Taneyhill grabbed second in javelin with a throw over 150 feet. Jarrett is performing well for this being his first year of track after playing baseball his freshman and sophomore years.

Marissa Panasiti had a fantastic day yesterday as she placed second in both the 200 and 400 meter dashes, as well as placing third in the 100 meter dash.

Marissa also was part of the girls 4×400 team of herself, Sophie Damiano, Riley D’Angelo, and Raegan Plowman, that took also second yesterday.

Bellwood also had a few other place finishers in the meet, in a wide variety of events.

The boys 400 relay took sixth place with a team of 46.62 seconds. Justin Gunsallus added a fifth place in pole vault and Clay Engle jumped into sixth place in the triple jump.

For the girls Kamryn Mercer tied for fourth place in the high jump with a heigh of 4 feet 8 inches. Riley D’Angelo added a sixth place in the 800 meter run and Karson Swogger added a sixth place in the long jump.