Yearbook Assembly and Senior Walk

Tierra Mahute

Mrs. Zong introducing the yearbook staff members.

Tierra Mahute, Staff Writer

It was a special final day at Bellwood-Antis Blue Devils for the Class of 2016.

Today Bellwood Antis had its annual Yearbook dedication assembly where eight special employees were given a free yearbook.

BluePrint videos/YouTube

The year book staff also awarded four other special yearbooks to cafeteria worker Mrs. Myers, B-A’s favorite bus driver Butch, Spanish teacher Mrs. Smith, and civics teacher Mr. McNaul. Their families joined them to celebrate the special moment.

Four of these special yearbooks were given to board member Mrs. Burch, Assistant Principal Mrs. Adams, Principal Mr. Schreier, and Superintendent Dr. McInroy.

Today was Mrs. Zong’s last yearbook assembly since she will be retiring this year. She has been the yearbook advisor for two years and received the BluePrint’s Teacher of the Year award late last month.

BluePrint videos/YouTube

After the yearbooks were handed out, the yearbook recipients and their families all attended a special breakfast, also put together by Mrs. Zong.

Shortly after the seniors joined the breakfast and signed yearbooks.

This year after breakfast the seniors did something a little different.

BluePrint videos/YouTube

As the start of a new tradition, seniors walked through the halls of Myers Elementary and Bellwood-Antis Middle/High School for their last time. The aptly dubbed Senior Walk was designed to allow seniors to reconnect with the people and places of their pasts at B-A, and to set an example for the young students in the district.

Later in the day, seniors were recognized at the annual senior awards assembly.

The Class of 2016 will be graduating on June 2, with Commencement schedules for 6:30 at Memorial Stadium.