Unsung Hero: Greeters

Back to Article
Back to Article

Unsung Hero: Greeters

Deb Lechner is one of several greeters working at Bellwood-Antis High School. Greeters always are working hard at the front entrance.

Brook Beichler

Brook Beichler

Brook Beichler

Brooke Beichler, Staff Writer

Anytime you come into school late, or leave early, you are greeted with a smile, and a kind face.

That’s because here at Bellwood-Antis, we have amazing people who work as greeters.

There are five wonderful women that greet: Deb Lechner, Sherrell Whiteford, Lim Gailey, Kim Gailey and Vicky Litz.

I love coming in and seeing all of the students and getting to talk to them.”

— Kim Gailey

The greeters spend half a day school day sitting by the front door. They watch the security cameras, and they sign people in and out of the building.

The job might not seem all that complicated, but it has more to it than meets the eye.

Deb said, “It’s hard to always be aware of my surroundings, and it can be stressful trying to keep all of the kids safe.”

Kim and Deb and both agree that seeing the students is the best thing about the job.

Kim said, “I love coming in and seeing all of the students and getting to talk to them.”

“I like knowing that I’m keeping the students safe, and I like to see all of them,” said Deb.