See You at the Pole takes place Wednesday

Nick Lovrich

Stephanie Mills, seen in this file photo, leads the FCA in prayer at last year’s See You at the Pole event.

Emily Dively, Staff Writer

Whenever Mr. Lovrich started advising the Fellwoship of Christian Athletes, only 10-15 students came out to pray at See You at the Pole.

We used to gather around the flag pole by the high school gym in a small circle but we have outgrown that space and moved to the practice fields between the schools.

— Mr. Lovrich

Now more than 100 students attend every year.

Mr. Lovrich doesn’t want to step back now. That’s why he’s encouraging students to come out tomorrow at 7 a.m. to pray at the See you at the Pole event.

“I think that it is a great event for our FCA to organize and run….We used to gather around the flag pole by the high school gym in a small circle but we have outgrown that space and moved to the practice fields between the schools,” said Mr. Lovrich.

“See you at the Pole” is a nationwide student prayer rally where students meet at the flagpole before school to lift up their families, friends, teachers, and schools, and a nation to God. This gives students 30 minutes before school to meet up with their friends and pray at the Flag Pole.

Mr. Lovrich’s FCA club has run this for many years now and it continues to grow.

“Each year we have more and more students, staff, and community members participate,” he said. “Our leaders have done a great job in the past of organizing and promoting the event. I think our new group of leaders are driven to make this year’s event bigger than last year.”