BAEA raises carloads of food for food drive

Alexis Lovrich

Middle school teacher Lindsey Christine, Cluster II head Todd Russell, and BAEA Vice-President Patrick Sachse take a time out before delivering donations to the St. Vincent DePaul Food Pantry.

Cazen Cowfer, Staff Writer

The Bellwood-Antis Education Association collected more donations from the 2- week long food drive than any of the other participating schools combined.

Both middle and high school had 1,453 items of food gathered, compared to last year’s 869.

It was great to see students interested in making the world a better place.

— Mr. Sachse

BAEA participated in a food drive in conjunction with the Cluster II, which includes all of the schools in all Blair County schools, plus Philipsburg and State College. The food went to St. Vincent DePaul Food Pantry.

BAEA Vice-President Mr. Patrick Sachse said the student involvement made the project special.

“It was great to see students interested in making the world a better place,” said Mr. Sachse. “We would like to especially recognize the middle school for taking this project to heart and really shining.”

The union filled three SUV’s full of all the food.

The winning middle school and high school home room will get to choose an ice cream or pizza party to celebrate their hard work of giving the most food.