THON committe has fundraising goals set

Mya Decker

the mini-THON committee will be holding a Stall Day again this year, along with several other fundraisers to raise money for the Four Diamonds.

Ashlyn Ball, Staff Writer

Mini-THON is back once again this year, with a hope to do as well as we did last year, when it raised $13,000 in its first attempt at the event.

The THON committee has planned many fundraisers in order to meet this year’s goal of $15,000.

“One of the main ways we hope to raise funds is to increase participation in donor drive. Student shave the opportunity create their own page and share that on social media, so everyone has a chance to do their part,” said Mr. Brandon Stewart, who along with Mr. Matthew McNaul serves as a faculty advisor for the mini-THON committee.

Donor Drive is a web page established by the Four Diamonds where students and community members can make donations to THON. The Bellwood-Antis donor drive page can be accessed here.

All of the funds go to support the Four Diamonds organization, which provides financial assistance to  families fighting childhood cancer.

So far this year the committee has already had a Stall Day to fundraise money, and they also plan to have another later this year. On Stall Days, students are asked to bring in change to homeroom. Students cannot leave to go to first period until all of the money has been wrapped and counted.

Other fundraising events planned are a Movie Night on Friday, January 11 in the auditorium and a Pajama Day on January 24 where students can wear their pajamas to school for a small donation.

Mr. Matthew McNaul, one of the THON faculty advisors, said that “last year we passed the goal of $5,000, even doubling that, but in order to once again exceed our goal, we need, a lot of student involvement with fundraising”.

The committee will also be holding a t-shirt sale open to the community, selling THON t-shirts just like the ones B-A students attending the event will receive.