FAB FRESHMAN: Josh Dorminy

Caroline Nagle

Josh Dorminy (left) gets a hardy BluePrint congratulations from Jayden Bartlebaugh for being named Fab Freshman. Jase Hostler looks on.

Jack Luensmann, Staff writer

The next Fab Freshman for the BluePrint is the one-and-only Josh Dorminy. Freshman year may take a toll on many students – transitioning from the middle school to the high school – but it’s nothing Josh cannot handle. Josh has been rather enjoying freshman year.

“It’s not too bad,” said Dorminy. “The Covid stuff with wearing masks and social distancing is the only thing I don’t like.”

Josh is involved in football and baseball, which he has been playing for eight years. And with the first high school varsity baseball game right around the corner, Josh has earned a varsity jersey, a distinction only few freshman earn. Josh’s goals for this season are to have a good batting average and steal bases. His goal for this school year is to achieve high honor roll.

Making friends around the high school hasn’t been a challenge for Dorminy. Senior Trenton Pelligrino said:

“Josh is a great friend and is fun to be around.”

Dorminy also has a lot of roles models, but he has one in specific.

“My biggest inspiration is my dad, Jack Dorminy.”

We wish Josh the best of luck in his high school career here at Bellwood-Antis high.