MS ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Colin Gibbons

Mara Bollinger

Colin Gibbons helped lead the junior high football team to an undefeated season.

Zachary Pellegrine, Sports Writer

Colin Gibbons is a multi-sport athlete playing a crucial role in both the football, and basketball team for the Blue Devils.

For his dedication to sports it has earned him the Blueprint athlete of the week.

Colin is a running back, and defensive back for the Bellwood junior high football team. Colin racked up 9 interceptions in his two seasons of starting for the Devils. This year with the addition of Alex McCartney, Colin moved positions from tailback to fullback. Assistant coach Travis Martin praised the selflessness move by saying “He took ownership and excelled as a leading rusher.”

Colin’s key contributions on the offensive and defensive side the ball played a big part in the undefeated, and ICC winning season for the Bellwood junior high team.

Coach Martin not only praised his work on the field, but also his preparation for the games.

“He became a student of the game, probably watching more  film on our opponents than the coaches,” he said.

Colin will look to continue his athletic success during this basketball season playing point guard and shooting guard for the Bellwood Antis junior high basketball team.