ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Brielle Campbell

Brielle Campbell has been scorching the track in the sprint events this season. (Bailee Conway)

Caleb Beiswenger, Staff Writer

The girls track and field team has found success for the first half of the season starting out 9-1. This impressive start is due to many of the returning runners and throwers, especially senior Brielle Campbell. 

Brielle has started out her senior track season collecting multiple top finishes in the 100m and 200m dashes. Brielle is also a part of the 4×100 relay team.

“I’m really enjoying my senior season,” says Brielle. “ It feels great to be running with some of my close friends in a sport that I really enjoy.”

Brielle recently placed 3rd at the United Invitational in the 100m dash and 4th in the 200m dash. On Thursday, she earned a win in the 200 against McConnellsburg and Tussey Mountain with a tie of 28.6.

Due to her outstanding performances this track season, Campbell has been named BluePrint Athlete of the Week.

In the fall, Brielle is a part of the volleyball team, where she helped the Lady Devils to a 16-3 record. 

After high school Brielle is going to Liberty University next Fall where she is studying Bio-Technology

Congratulations Brielle!