Track teams sweep P-O, boys fall to Central

Kole+Dickinson+won+both+hurdle+events+in+B-As+meet+Tuesdays+meet+against+Philipsburg-Osceola+and+Central.+
Morgan Kienzle
Kole Dickinson won both hurdle events in B-A’s meet Tuesday’s meet against Philipsburg-Osceola and Central.

Bellwood-Antis track and field hosted Philipsburg-Osceola and Central on Tuesday.

On the girl’s side of things, they were able to take care of business and defeat both teams. They dominated P-O, 128-22, and were able to scrape out the win against central, 78-72.

Briley Campbell had herself a day, earning two first place finishes in both the 100 and 200 meter dash, with time of 13.2 and 27.5. The freshmen for B-A were also shining. Julie Kraft won both the 400m and 800m with time of 1:04.2 and 2:44.8. Blake Pennington captured two events as well, running the 1600m in 6:15.6 and the 3200m in 14:01.8. Chloe Stolzfus got fist place in the 300m hurdles with a time of 50.4.

The girls relay team consisting of Rylie Andrews, Blake Pennington, Marissa Cacciotti, and Julie Kraft won the 3200. Emma Taneyhill won the discus event for B-A to round out the first place winners for the girls.

The boy’s track and field team was able to get it done versus P-O, 129-21, but fell to the Dragons, 87-63.

Kole Dickinson continues to be successful in the hurdle events, winning both of them for Bellwood. In the 110 hurdles he had a time of 15.8 and in the 300 hurdles a time of 41.0. Gabe Thomson pulled out the win in the 200m dash with a time of 24 seconds.

Bellwood’s relay team won both the 1600 and 3200. In the field, Chance Schreier won javelin and Dalton Poorman won pole vault.

After this meet, both the girl’s and boy’s team record moves to 7-2. Their next meet will be held in Bellwood next Tuesday against Penns Valley and Clearfield.