B-A Baseball takes down the Clearfield Bison

Morgan Kienzle
Connor Cobaugh had a great performance at the plate in their game against Clearfield

The Blue Devils took down the Clearfield Bison 4-2 on Monday.

Bellwood put up all four of their runs in a strong second inning after the Bison put up one run in the top of the second. The Bisons second run would come in the fourth.

Connor Cobaugh led the team at the plate going 1-2 with 2 RBI’s. Cam Swogger went 2-3 with a run scored and Chase Plummer went 1-3 and earned himself 2 RBI’s as well.

After the second run in the fourth, starting pitcher Vincent Cacciotti was pulled. He recorded five strikeouts and allowed two earned runs in his four innings of work.

Chris Walls came in for relief, this was his first outing of the year after being a key part in last years rotation and facing injury at the beginning of the year. Walls had to have an emergency surgery to get his appendix removed at the beginning of the season. He threw one inning and let up just one hit.

“It feels great to be back, it’s like I never left,” said Walls when he was asked about how it felt to be back.

After Walls, came Curtis Shedlock to close it out. Shedlock had another great outing and is cementing himself in the role of a great closer. In two innings of work, he held the Bison hitless and struck out one to finish out the game.

The Blue Devils have now reached above .500 for the first time this year. They are 6-5 as they travel to Tyrone to face off in the Backyard Brawl, today at 4:30.