Creationz4u making an impact

Mrs. Longo-McGarvey (right) and student Piper Webreck, presented information on Creationz4u to the school board last wee.

Creationz4u recently made a presentation presented to the Bellwood-Antis school board to show what the program does for B-A and the community. This presentation was made by class teacher, Mrs. Kyley Longo-McGarvey and 6th grade student, Piper Webreck.

Creationz4u is a custom design maker shop that specializes in sublimation, stickers, decals, wooden signage, wooden engravings, banners, tumbler engravings and so much more. Since the program has started in 2017, the program has made $6,789.84.

“I think the presentation went well,” Mrs. Longo-McGarvey said. “It was important for us that the stakeholders in our school know the great things going on in our classroom. We want them to see that there is real-world authentic learning taking place.  Piper did a great job.  She took initiative, didn’t back down from a challenge, and even practiced her notes on her own time in order to be prepared.  She did a great job.”

Middle school students that volunteer to take the class obtain skills such as communication, professionalism, critical thinking, product development, collaboration, marketing, graphic design, budget and finance. the students are also gaining confidence, responsibility, pride, initiative and community partnerships.

“My favorite is seeing the kids come up with new products to add to our store,” said Mrs. Longo-McGarvey. “I also enjoy learning new processes and adding new machines to help us expand our goods and services. I look forward to continuing to grow our community partnerships.”

My favorite is seeing the kids come up with new products to add to our store. I also enjoy learning new processes and adding new machines to help us expand our goods and services. I look forward to continuing to grow our community partnerships.

— Mrs. Longo

One of the most impressive feats that this class has accomplished is partnerships with big names such as UPMC, Shoe Fly, Sideline Cancer, That Little Shop, Altoona Alliance Church, Making Waves Hair Salon, Grable Foundation, Reamake Learning and Bellwoods Finishes. When asked what kind of work they are doing with these companies, Mrs. Longo said, “Healthy Blair County Coalition with UPMC has now hired us two years in a row to print and press swag bags for their health fair. Local businesses have hired us to do signage and marketing for their companies. That Little Shoppe had us sell our merchandise in the brick and mortar store. We are continuing to grow and partner with businesses in and around our community and we look forward to continuing to expand.”

Creationsz4u also specializes in projects such as Class Reunions, Retirement Parties, Bridal Showers, Weddings, Teacher Appreciation Gifts, Sports Teams Gear, School Banners, Appreciation Gifts, Sports banners and Birthday Party Favors