Administrators reach an agreement after a violent riot

Last week, a peaceful protest was held by several students hoping to bring an end to the milk carton shortage. The protest was originally organized as a way to practice the legal process of receiving a permit to protest on public grounds. However, the controversial topic of the protest would lead to a more undesirable outcome.

The protest began at 7:42 A.M and only started with a few groups of students before expanding to an alarming size. At 1:34 P.M the group of students were told that the milk carton shortage was out of the school’s control. The breaking news sprung an outrage amongst the students, causing them to storm the building.

The group stormed the cafeteria pillaging anything they could find, though lacking in the milk carton area. Police arrived on scene 30 minutes later, chasing the riot through the school. The police chased the students into the gymnasium, leading to a police standoff.

In a violent showdown, the groups had a 3 on 3 basketball match where each group chose 3 people. The game ended 112-14 with the police coming out on top. Some of have called out the police for police brutality.

The riot caused the situation to escalate to more protesting and calls of “tyranny”, leading a small group of students to dump the cafeteria’s tea into the school’s indoor pool. Some have speculated that this was unrelated to the milk carton riot but there is no current evidence to support it.

As a way to end the outburst, administration used local grants to purchase the school 3 milking cows and 1 calf; each cow will be setup in the branches of the schools. The cows allow for students to get the milk directly from the source, instead of waiting for milk trucks to deliver.

The cows have brought problems of blocking the hallways and leaving waste on the floor.

The risk of drinking unpasteurized milk has not been looked into by staff. However, plans to incorporate a pasteurizer in the FFA shop has been brought up as a solution to this problem.