Bellwood boys come up short against Bellefonte

Morgan Kienzle
Anthony Caracciolo shooting a three

Monday night the boys took a loss on the road against Bellefonte, losing 57-48.

Bellwood’s offense started out ice cold throughout the first quarter only putting up 2 points to Bellefonte’s 16. The second quarter the boys started to get some offense started. To end the second quarter Holden Schreier hit a three at the buzzer to give Bellwood some momentum going into the second half.

Down 13 coming out of the half, the boys had something to prove. Bellwood then went on a run getting the score within 3 heading into the fourth. About half way through the fourth quarter Bellwood took their first lead of the game, 47-46. This lead didn’t last long as Bellefonte shut down Bellwood’s offense the rest of the game.

Senior Conner Bardell was upset about the outcome of the game and said “ We started off slow, but towards the end of the second and the whole third quarter we played great. In the end it just didn’t fall our way.”

Holden Schreier was the lead scorer for Bellwood contributing 22 points, Anthony Caracciolo and Martin Fatzinger both had 7 a piece.