Mini-THON to hold second stall day of the year

BluePrint file photo
The Bellwood-Antis Mini-THON committee is planning a stall day next week for a fundraiser.

On February 15, Myers Elementary, along with the Bellwood-Antis Middle and High Schools, will be holding a “Stall Day” to support B-A Mini-THON.

A stall day is an event where students bring in loose change to donate to Mini-Thon. All the change will be given to each student’s first period teacher, who then counts all of it up.

The period will not continue until it has all be counted. The main  purpose of the stall day is to delay first period by spending time counting up money for a good cause.

Mini-THON students will come around at the end of 1st period and collect all the change. After that, teachers and students continue the day.

This is the 2nd stall day of the 2023-2024 year. It was an extremely successful fundraiser for Mini-THON in the fall, with the high school alone raising over $1,700.

This time, the Mini-THON committee plan to pit the three buildings against each other in the announcements to see which building can raise the most money for the cause and bragging rights.

Mini-THON is hoping to surpass their previous amount, so everybody please bring some change. The BA Mini-Thon also just finished selling shirts.