Law class holds mock trials
Priced out of playing

Priced out of playing

April 26, 2024

BAHS teachers get their classrooms back

BAHS teachers get their classrooms back

April 26, 2024

Student teacher support program launches in Pennsylvania

April 26, 2024

Nurse’s office gets new furniture from students

Kate Wallace
Mrs. McNaul’s 4th period class painted cabinets for the nurse’s office.

On February 20, Leah McNaul’s 4th period Art Appreciation class returned two cabinets to the nurse’s office that they had painted.

Art students found a design and painted it onto the nurse’s cabinets. (Kate Wallace)

In late 2023, Bellwood’s nurse Kelly Hoover asked McNaul if one of her classes could paint two of her cabinets.

”We’re thankful to Mrs. Hoover for letting us have a practical use of our art and design skills,” said Mrs. McNaul.

During the art class, students have been painting the cabinet when there is down-time. All students looked at different designs online and came up with the final design.

The design took a floral and plant-like inspiration, with blue stems and leaves with bright yellow-orange bulbs.

“It was an enjoyable experience,” commented Alexis Scratzmeier, an art student who worked on the cabinets.

Students projected their design onto the cabinets and traced

The students involved in the painting and design process included Rebecca Brown, Emma Lonsinger, Lily McNelis, Alexis Schratzmeier, Alexis Wagner, and Kate Wallace.

The cabinets are located beside the two beds in the nurse’s office in the middle school.