Davis earns honor

Senior becomes B-A’s 13th Blair Hall scholarship recipient

Ali Wagner

The awards keep on coming for senior scholar-athlete Nathan Davis.

Christina Kowalski, Sports/Social Media Editor

Senior Nathan Davis was selected as the male recipient of the Blair County Sports Hall of Fame scholarship award for the 2016 graduating class.

The scholarship is awarded to one female and one male athlete in Blair County that shows excellence both athletically and academically. Davis will be receiving his award on April 23, 2016 at the 17th annual banquet and induction ceremony.

“I feel very honored and humbled to have been chosen to receive this scholarship,” said Davis, a three-time first-team all ICC honoree in track and basketball.

Tyrone’s Erica Voyzey was the girls recipient.

Nathan Davis, who is the thirteenth recipient from Bellwood-Antis, will be awarded a $2,000 scholarship for his hard work both in and out of school.

Athletically Davis has earned eight varsity letter in basketball and track and field, while also breaking a school record and earning two District 6 class AA medals. Davis broke the record for most career points as a senior, scoring 2,049 points in his four years on the Blue Devil basketball team.  His career point total is the third most among Blair County athletes.

This past season Davis helped lead the Bellwood-Antis basketball team to a District 6 championship and the on into PIAA playoffs.  In 2015, Davis was part of the four-by-400 relay team that won a District 6 medal.

In the classroom, Nathan Davis, ranks twelfth in his class, has maintained a 4.0 GPA as an honor roll student, and participated in the Blair County leadership program.  Davis will be continuing his education at Seton Hill University this fall on an athletic scholarship.

I feel very honored and humbled to have been chosen to receive this scholarship.

— Nathan Davis

Davis is also involved in the community and through multiple clubs. Nathan has volunteered with the Northern Blair County Recreation Center’s youth basketball program and with the Salvation Army. Within his clubs Davis is president of Fellowship of Christian Athletes, President of Key Club, and is an active member in the National Honor Society.  Nathan has also won a Keystone Press award and two PA Press Club Awards for his writing for the BluePrint.

Davis, who is looking to maintain his grades as he continues his basketball career at Seton Hill University said, “I think having my brother on campus will help me balance academics and athletics.”