Senior Dustin Miller earns National Technical Honor Society Award

Dustin Miller was inducted into the National Technical Honor Society for his work in automotive and diesel mechanics.

Sidney Patterson, Editor in Chief

Senior Dustin Miller recently learned he is being inducted into the National Technical Honor Society  for his hard work both in school and at the Greater Altoona Career and Technology Center.

It’s a big accomplishment and something to put on a resume.

— Dustin Miller

To receive this honor, students have to maintain an 86% or above at Bellwood-Antis, and a 96% or above at the Career and Technology Center.

Out of all the students that attend the GACTC, only twenty are inducted into the National Technical Honor Society.

The National Technical Honor Society serves over 100,000 students who are studying career and technical education. It provides scholarships and helps prepare students to be competitive in the workplace.

“It’s a pretty big honor,” said Dustin, who studies automotive and diesel mechanics. “It’s a big accomplishment and something to put on a resume.”

The mission of the Greater Altoona Career & Technology Center is to provide high school students and adult learners a superior career and technical education consistent with accepted academic and skill standards. Dustin is no exception to this goal.

The award itself  was a surprise to Dustin, who hopes to one day work at Norfolk Southern as a mechanic.

“I had no idea I was getting it,” said Dustin.