Lady Blue Devils dominate ailing Bulldogs

Sakeria+takes+it+to+the+rim.+

Kyra Woomer

Sakeria takes it to the rim.

Colin McCaulley, Sports Writer

The Bellwood-Antis Lady Blue Devils took on the Claysburg-Kimmel Bulldogs on their home floor last night.

The final score was 76-16 in favor of B-A, which allowed Coach Swaney to get everybody in.

Freshman Dakota Woomer shot a perfect 3 for 3 for 6 points and pulled 2 rebounds, while fellow freshman Kaitlyn Robison also had a bucket.

Sophomore Alli Campbell lead the team with 19 points on 64% shooting from the field, also adding 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, and 3 blocks. Sakeria Haralson ended her night early with an ankle injury in the second quarter but still managed 8 points, 3 rebounds, and a steal. Emilie Leidig scored 12 points and was perfect from the three point line going 2 for 2. She also lead the team in assists with 5.

Claysburg-Kimmel scored had at least some offense in the beginning of the game, scoring 9 points in the first quarter; however the Lady Bulldogs, depleted from injury and missing two starters, would only score 7 more points in the last three quarters combined.

When the teams played in December, the Lady Devils still won going away, 67-42, but the game was much more competitive.

The last time the Lady Blue Devils held an opponent under 20 points was February 2 of last year.

B-A, the No. 2 Class 2A team in Pennsylvania, improved to 12-2 overall and 6-1 in the ICC.