Birdie makes window go bye bye

Feathered visitor shatters library window

Noah Plank

An errant bird did a number on the library’s bird-watching window.

Riley Miller, Staff Writer

Bellwood-Antis library officials are still trying to find the bird who cracked the window of the library.

For it to be smashed by one of our feathery friends, is kind of ironic. We watch the birds, but the birds aren’t watching the windows,

— Mr. Trexler

May 17, during seventh period, a mischievous feathered friend flew into the library “Bird Watching” window. Based on the amount of damage inflicted, one might think the bird died on impact, but it did not.

“It was just a normal day in the media center, and there’s a loud crack. Everyone looked around to see what it was, and the remanence of the window just kind of like….like ice breaking. Then we went outside to see if the bird was dead and there was no sign of the bird, but he plowed into the bird watch window, allegedly plowed, because there was no evidence of shredded tweet found,” Stated Mr. Trexler.

“I was sitting there and the bird hit the window. The bang was so loud that I thought it was a gun. The window was still cracking when I had to leave,” said freshman Abby Musselman.

Mr. Trexler said he has reported the incident to Tom Kovak, the district’s physical plant manager.

“In ten years he’s never had to replace a window smashed by a bird, except in the beginning of the year in my wife’s room when a bird smashed it, and now in my room, so there’s a bird that has it out for the Trexler’s,” he said.

Ironically, the window that the bird plowed into just happened to be the bird watching window, which looks into the outdoor classroom outside of the library.

“For it to be smashed by one of our feathery friends is kind of ironic. We watch the birds, but the birds aren’t watching the windows,” Mr. Trexler said.

For all of those bird-loving readers out there, the bird got up and flew away.

“The weirdest thing is that it flew away,” said junior Ben Nofsker. “I figured somebody had thrown something at the window, but it must have flown away.”