Stall Day planned to benefit mini-THON

Chelsea McCaulsky, Staff Writer

Bellwood Antis is starting to kick off their mini-THON fundraiser season by holding a Stall Day on October 23. 

Stall day is when students at Bellwood-Antis bring in as much change as possible to school. All first period teachers must count all the change before they can start class for the day. If the teachers don’t count all the change before first period ends, the students won’t have first period for that day 

This year will be the third year in a row of holding stall day. 

The purpose behind stall day is to raise money, but more than that, it is to get everyone involved. It is a great chance for all students to participate.

— Sasha Nyman

“Stall day is important to our overall fundraising goal. Typically we raise close to $5,000 on stall day,” mini-THON adviser Mr. Matthew McNaul said. 

“The purpose behind stall day is to raise money, but more than that, it is to get everyone involved. It is a great chance for all students to participate,” said Sashua Nyman, who is this year’s mini-THON fundraising chair.

“Mini-THON is our school’s effort to raise money to help families fighting childhood cancer,” said Mr. McNaul.

Nyman said the goal for 2019-2020 is to exceed the funds raised in previous years.

“This years goal for mini-THON is to beat last years total of $24,680,” Nyman said.

Remember to bring your change on Wednesday October 23.