Just Juniors- Maria McFarland

Studious and always fashionable, Maria McFarland is the latest junior to to be featured in the BluePrint’s Just Juniors section.

If you know Maria McFarland, you know she is a friendly, fun-loving, high school fashionplate. She is always smiling and talking to everyone, but how well do you really know Maria?

Maria is the daughter of Mike and Amanda McFarland and the older sister of three brothers, Ian, Wyatt, and Sean. She is sixteen years old, soon to be seventeen.

“Maria is a hard worker and a very thoughtful person when it comes to discussions and debates. She was phenomenal at debates,” said Mr. McNaul

Here are Maria’s answers to a few questions asked by the Blueprint.

BluePrint: What activities do you participate in a BAHS?

Maria: “I participate in speech league, student congress, mock trial, reading competition, Aeivdum, key club, chorus, art club, and morning announcements.”

BluePrint: What do you do outside of school?

Maria: “I dance at Andrea’s School of Dance and I participate in youth group with my church.”

BluePrint: What is your favorite subject in school?

Maria: “I love school, everything about it and it’s hard to pick a favorite, but it’s probably chemistry.”

BluePrint: Who is your favorite teacher?

Maria: “Ms. Hull because she is always so happy and enthusiastic.”

BluePrint: What is the best part of being a BAHS student?

Maria: “The classes are small, so you get to know all of your classmates well and the teachers.”

BluePrint: Are you looking forward to anything this year?

Maria: “I’m looking forward to prom and all the speech league meets. I’m also looking forward to the chorus concert and attending all the sporting events.”

BluePrint: Are you excited for your senior year?

Maria: “No, I love school and I don’t want it to end. I am looking forward to my senior year, but I am sad it will be my last.”

BluePrint: What do you want to do after high school?

Maria: “I would like to either attend Pitt and become a Pharmacist or go to Juniata College and become a Dermatologist.”