COTY gives students rewards as end of year approaches

Hayliana Shumac

B-A students can get rewarded through the COTY program.

Students attending Bellwood-Antis Highschool will once again have the opportunity to leave campus during finals week thanks to the COTY program (Citizen of the Year). 

COTY is a rewards program that allows students to work throughout the year on establishing good behavior and positive citizenship through service and schoolwork.

Eligibility requirements include: 3 hours of community service for grades 9 and 10, 5 hours for grades 11 and 12, zero unexcused/illegal absences, no more than 10 excused absences (exceptions for prolonged doctor’s excuse), no more than 5 tardies (exceptions for doctor excused), zero suspensions, detentions, never have been caught cheating,  must never have violated the harassment/bullying policy, must not owe a charge or fine.

Students who violate the student code of conduct after COTY status has been determined, may lose their status the following year.

For students interested in the program, they will need to pick up a COTY community service form in the Guidance Office.

COTY status will be determined by the second week of May.

Students who receive COTY status will be eligible to leave campus during finals week if they have taken the final in advance. Other students are eligible to do the same, but COTY names will be included in a random drawing f0r prizes at the annual awards assembly in May.