B-A band concert set for April 28

File photo

B-A’s finest musicians will display their talents at the spring band concert on April 28.

Bellwood-Antis High School and 4th grade elementary will be hosting the 2022 band concert on April 28. It will be the first ever concert thrown in April.

Most band concerts are hosted in the month of May at Bellwood but a busy schedule during the last month of school changed that this year.

“There is an event almost every night here at Bellwood in the month of May, including the Beauty And the Beast musical, ” said band director Mr. Patrick Sachse.

The concert will start off with a jazz set including songs such as: “Mercy Mercy,” “Birdland, Sesame Street,” and “Everybody Needs Somebody to Love” from the Blues Brothers.

Then 4th grade will represent their skills with songsĀ  including “Mary Had a Little Lamb” and “We Will Rock You.”

Fourth grade has been performing at the annual concert for years to get young band students ready and prepared for what’s to come in the near future.

“A new student’s best effort is always cute,” Mr. Sachse said.

The band will finish off with a formal concert including Greek folk songs, “Suite from the Planets,” and “WindJammer” to end the show with calm music pleasant to the ears.

Mr. Sachse stated the 4th grade students and the older students are all very much prepared for this concert nd he encouraged family and community members alike to try to come out and support their local musicians.