Canyon Neyman heading to MIT

Jacob Hawn

Canyon Neyman has been accepted to MIT, one of the most prestigious schools in America.

Olivia Hess, Staff Writer

Senior Canyon Neyman was recently accepted into the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, more commonly known as MIT. 

MIT is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts and is known for its engineering, science, and technology programs. It is one of the most prestigious colleges in the country, as the acceptance rate is only four percent. From another perspective, out of 33,767 first-year applications, MIT only accepts 1,337 of them. 

This distinguished school checked all of Canyon’s boxes. MIT is a top university for engineering, and is located right across the Charles River from one of his favorite cities: Boston.

“For me, the special part of MIT is its location. Boston is one of my favorite cities, and I am also a huge Red Sox fan,” Canyon commented. 

His interests are in studying Environmental Engineering, and being involved in MIT’s student research program, called UROP (Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program).

Canyon’s degree will not go to waste. He aspires to contribute to the world in a major way. 

“I plan to contribute to stopping global warming,” he quoted. 

When he visited the campus, he thought it was “really nice.” He appreciated the contrast of the grounds having “nice, beautiful old buildings,” as well as having “cool, modern buildings.”

Getting accepted into MIT is a substantial accomplishment, and has been a goal of Canyon’s for quite some time. 

He recalled, “MIT has been my dream school for as long as I can remember.”

Congratulations, Canyon, the students and staff at Bellwood-Antis are proud of you!