Athlete of the Week: Hunter Foor

Dale Manning

Hunter Foor is enjoying is his senior wrestling season and the Devils are getting better every night.

Jacob Hawn, Staff Writer

Hunter Foor has only been a Blue Devil Wrestler for two seasons, but he is making a name for himself on the mat. He is this week’s Athlete of the Week. 

Hunter’s favorite part about the sport is the team aspect, and he is looking to advance beyond the regular season. One of his goals is to make a debut at states. 

Despite the wrestling team’s 0-9 record, a majority of the wrestlers that participate in matches are doing well, including Hunter, who is competing at 172 pounds.

At the Devils’ most recent match on Thursday, Hunter earned a 5-3 decision in B-A’s loss to Moshannon Valley.

During the off season, Hunter lifted weights and went to all of the team’s workouts. There was no lack of effort on his end.

“With only one year of prior experience, he has come a long way in his progression as a wrestler,” said Coach Nick Torsell. “He is a pleasure to have in the room and a really hard worker,”

Hunter also feels he has improved and grown as a wrestler.

“I am way better than last year,” said Hunter when asked if this work has paid off. 

Hunter’s favorite memory is listening to coach Jim’s stories and learning from him. After high school, he plans on joining the military.