COLLEGE CORNER: Eli Pluebell

Morgan Kienzle

Eli Pluebell will continue his education and his football career at Clarion University.

Tighe Eaken Jr., Staff Writer

Last Saturday, Senior Eli Pluebell announced his commitment to Clarion University to take the next step of his football career.

Ever since his final high school season was over, Eli has bee visiting colleges, questioning whether he would continue playing the sport he loves most or not.

After all of the colleges Eli has visited, he knew as soon as he arrived at Clarion, that’s where he wanted to go.

Clarion competes in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference, which is widely considered the best Division II conference in the nation. Last season Clarion finished 3-8 and tied for fifth in the PSAC Western Division.

“I instantly fell in love with Clarion the moment I stepped foot on campus, it felt like home” said Eli. “The coaches were amazing and the players instantly reached out to me when they found out about my commitment.”

Eli has committed to Clarion as a tight end, where he racked up 10 catches for 153 yards and 2 touchdowns his senior year. On the defensive side of the ball, Eli was one of the most dominant players on the team, accounting for 58 tackles, 8 TFL, and 4 sacks on the year.

Congratulations Eli on entering the next chapter of his life.