COLLEGE CORNER: Maliah Hassler

Mara Bollinger

Maliah Hassler will continue her education next year at Mount Aloysius.

Tighe Eaken Jr., Staff Writer

Maliah Hassler will be attending Mount Aloysius next fall, where she is looking to study nursing to become a Nurse Anesthetist.

Maliah plans on being on campus for her first two years, and then finishing off with two years of online schooling.

She has been interested in the medical field from a young age, thanks to her family.

I chose Mount Aloysius because I am a home-body and it is very close to home.

— Maliah Hassler

“I have a lot of family in the medical field, and I’ve been very drawn into everything medical related from a very young age,” Maliah said.

The Mount is a great fit for Maliah because it will allow her to remain close to her family.

“I chose Mount Aloysius because I am a home-body and it is very close to home,” she said. “They also have an amazing nursing program, which is exactly what I was looking for. Everyone I have talked to that goes to the Mount tells me how nice it is.”

Maliah said her goals at school are to make new friends, feel well prepared for her career, and “grow in all aspects of my life.”

She said she will miss Bellwood dearly, but she will be home quite often to visit.

“I have so many amazing memories and experiences here in my hometown, but I’ll definitely be home a lot because the Mount is so close,” said Maliah.

Maliah is anxious about what’s to come, but she said the nerves will push her to do better.

“I’m definitely nervous about this next chapter of my life, but I worry about everything anyway,” she said.