B-A represented in PSUA marshal selection
Holiday-ish: National Space day

Holiday-ish: National Space day

May 3, 2024

The Culture and Climate Committee Makes School Cool

May 2, 2024

Power of Three: Top 3 Star Wars Movies

Power of Three: Top 3 Star Wars Movies

May 2, 2024

Cross country holds their 6th annual alumni race

Kate Wallace
The cross country team will be hosting its sixth annual alumni race next month.

The cross country team is holding their 6th annual alumni race Saturday October 7th at 8:30 a.m. Head coach Conner Hunter and assistant coach Jenn Soisson will be in charge of the event as well volunteer coaches Rhonda Mills, Patrick Sachse, Naomi Pennington, and Miss R. 

The race begins at the high school at 8:30 a.m. where the 5K runners and two mile walkers begin. The racers are tasked with completing the race as fast as they can. Previous alumni races have held door prizes to award finishers as well as snacks and drinks for all racers involved.

The event is for alumni and members of the community to run the home cross country course in Bellwood. In the past different sports teams have joined together and individual students have competed, along with people who did not graduate from Bellwood. The race is called the “alumni” race because it attempts to coincide with homecoming week.

The 5K run and the 2 mile walk are $20 each, and an additional $20 for a T-Shirt. Walk-up registrations are available, but to guarantee a shirt registration ends September 11th. Register online here.

The alumni race is the main fundraiser cross country puts on to raise money to purchase sweats for the athletes who need to borrow a pair for the season when the weather gets colder. Once the sweats are funded, the rest of the money is put aside for anything else the team may need.