Athlete of the Week: Jordan Hescox

Jordan Hescox makes a tackle in the season-opener against Penns Vallley.

Jordan Hescox is a senior playing a big role on the Bellwood-Antis football team, especially on defense. He is a running back and middle linebacker, as well as this week’s Athlete of the Week.

Jordan has been the team’s leading tackler all year with 68 tackles, averaging 9.7 tackles a game. Jordan is currently ranked 63rd in the state for tackles, and 6th in the Laurel Highlands Conference. Last year, he ended the year with 83 total tackles, and has had a total of 163 career tackles. He has played football all his life and has lettered the last two seasons.

He is the ultimate team player.

— Coach Lovrich

“One of my goals this year has been to lead the team in tackles, and just keep putting in the work and getting better,” Jordan said. That is definitely what he’s doing, and he hopes to end the season strong.

Coach Nick Lovrich praised the senior for his devotion to the team.

“Jordan has been a big leader on our football team this season,” Lovrich said. “He has been one of our top tacklers all season.  His attitude has been great and he has continued to work hard at all of our practices.  He is the ultimate team player.”

The Blue Devils have been struggling so far this year due to the conference switch. They are currently 1-6, and hope to pull out a couple wins before the season ends. Tonight, they will head to Penn Cambria to face a tough team with a record of 6-1. 

Jordan says, “We have been working hard all week, and if we play like we know how we can tonight, a win could definitely fall our way.” 

Congrats Jordan Hescox on being this week’s Athlete of the Week, and good luck on the rest of your season.