ARTIST OF THE WEEK: Kimberly Bennett

Abigail Eckenrod
This week’s Artist of the Week is Kimberly Bennett! Congratulations!

Kimberly Bennett, a senior in the Bellwood-Antis choir program, recently got a part in this year’s musical, Bye Bye Birdie, as Mrs. McAFee, and she’s this week’s Artist of The Week!

Kimmy participates n chorus, aevidum and renaissance, however her favorite activity of the three is choir because she feels very welcomed and feel like she can be herself. She enjoys expressing her talents with other equally talented people.

Bennett has attended multiple county chorus events and has competed in other choral competitions. She’s been apart of the last few BA musical productions as well.

When asked her motivation, she responded, “My motivation is that I have been singing since I was a child and would like to always learn and become even more comfortable in my voice than I am now.”

After high school, Kimmy plans to attend Millersville University to study meteorology. In college, she plans to continue participating in various choral groups and with community theatre.

According to Bennett, “The best piece of advice I can give to younger students is continue expressing your talents and never close yourself off to learning and teaching new things to yourself about your talents.”

Congratulations Kimmy, and good luck in the upcoming musical!