Fun questions with favorite teachers

Abby McGuire
Mr. Barr, Mrs. Flarend, and Mrs. A answered some funny questions to reveal a little bit about their quirky personalities.

We asked a few teachers – Mrs. Auberzinski, Mrs. Flarend, and Mr. Barr – some fun questions to get to know them a little better. You might be surprised by some of the answers!

What Hogwarts house are you in?

Mrs. Flarend: Gryffindor

Mrs. A: Ravenclaw

Mr. Bar: Ravenclaw

Most embarrassing moment in class?

Mrs. Flarend: Not knowing there was a moment of silence/prayer on my first day teaching at a catholic school-I talked through it.

Mrs. A: When I was student teaching, I taught latitude and longitude backwards and my mentor teacher had to step in and correct me.

Mr. Bar: Student teaching, I got up on top of a desk and started dancing to motivate the class. When getting down of the desk, the door to a computer cart was open and it sliced the back of my pants. I left with a big hole, and I had to go home and change.

If you could assign a theme song to your teaching style, what would that song be?

Mrs. Flarend: Bohemian Rhapsody- constantly changing.

Mrs. A: We didn’t start the fire- Billy Joel.

Mr. Bar: The Imperial March.

What class would you teach/enroll even for a day? Why?

Mrs. Flarend: Shop. My house has some issues that need to be fixed including get rid of a squirrel.

Mrs. A: I would love to teach a history film class! Where we could watch popular history films and then find out and discuss what is true and false and what really happened.

Mr. Bar: Any math classes. Math is my jam.

What difference do you see in the morning classes. compared to the afternoon classes?

Mrs. Flarend:  Morning classes are freshman, a bit squirrelly; not sleepy. Afternoon CHS seniors are chill and independent.

Mrs. A: Well, I have three students in my first period, so it is very calm. The afternoon classes are definitely more awake.

Mr. Bar: Less 11th graders.

How long do you think you could last in a zombie apocalypse and why?

Mrs. Flarend: Long time. I have special science skills.

Mrs. A: Hmmm… I’d give it a good six months. I have weapons and a garden, lots of deer. If it was winter-maybe three months. My cans of green beans aren’t going to last long enough.

Mr. Bar: Depends how fast I can run to my friend Jerald’s house. He could make it through the whole thing.

What’s a song you know all of the lyrics to?

Mrs. Flarend: Hmmm, most of the 80’s pop songs if I hear them on the radio.

Mrs. A: Soo many! 7 Rings is my favorite to sing the rap part to though.

Mr. Bar: What you own from Rent.

If you could have on magical power, what would that be and why?

Mrs. Flarend: Move things without touching, so I can be lazy or take students phones away in class.

Mrs. A: Time manipulation. I would love to go back and see what the world really looked like hundreds of years ago and I would also like to be able to go forward to the future hundreds of years ahead. Think of all the money you could make by predicting outcomes!

Mr. Bar: Mind control. It would be so great if all kids would get their work done and pay attention when you want them to.