Feature Teacher: Mrs. Allison Clabaugh

Kate Wallace

Mrs. Allison Clabaugh is the most lovable teachers you might ever meet. She is very creative and fun teacher, and she has been teaching at Myers Elementary School for nineteen years.

Mrs. Clabaugh earned her teaching degree at Penn State University.

“I enjoy working with kids and celebrating their progress with them. I love making them feel like they are the smartest kids around!” she said.

Mrs. Clabaugh said the hardest part of her job is getting everything all done in one day. She said it feels like her classes are sprinting, and they still have so much to do.

Darlene Carter, who taught at the Bellwood-Antis Middle School, influenced Mrs. Claubaugh to become a teacher, she said. Her mom was an 8th grade teacher and enjoyed her job. Mrs. Clabaugh said they have similar personalities and interests so watching her mom do what she loved really inspired Mrs. Clabaugh to do what she loves doing now.

She said her favorite memory is to set up the Someone Special Dance, in memory of Maddie Shura, each year. She says it’s fun to pick out the theme, decorate, and watch the kids come and have a good time. She also said raising the money for a cause that is close to her heart.

Mrs. Clabaugh’s hobbies outside of school include hanging out with her kids and spending a lot of time going to football games, volleyball games, basketball, baseball, and softball. Watching her kids do what they love brings her joy.

Mrs. Clabaugh’s son Carter is in fifth grade in the middle school, while her daughter Abby is in eighth.

She also loves going to Disney with family!