Kerri Little: Taking Temple by storm

College Bound Q&A

Kerri Little

BluePrint: What college were you accepted into?

Little: I was recently accepted into Temple University.

BluePrint: How many colleges did you apply to?

Little: I only applied to Temple. I knew exactly where I wanted to go, and it was Temple.

BluePrint: What made you apply to this specific college?

Little: I wanted to go to college in a big city, and Philadelphia has a ton of great things to do. One of my closest older friends goes there, and she gave it a stellar recommendation.

BluePrint: What are you planning on majoring in?

Little: I want to major in psychology with a minor in gender studies.

BluePrint: what made you choose this specific major?

Little: I had my first psychology class my junior year, and I loved it. I find human behavior particularly fascinating, especially the differences between males and females.

BluePrint: What do you think will be some of the major differences between college and high school?

Little: It will all become about personal motivation and self-imposed rules. No one in college cares how you do or even what you do (to an extent), unlike high school. I’ll have to keep myself focused instead of relying on others and their expectations.

BluePrint: What are your feelings on moving on from Bellwood-Antis High School?

Little: After four years of the same people, places, and monotonous routines, I feel ready and eager to move on. I’m excited to see what is beyond the limits of our town and really explore what’s out there.

Temple University got its start in 1884 as a night school, started by Russel Conwell, to aid in the education of men who wanted to make something of themselves, but had work during the day. With nine campuses and about 38,000 students, the urban university is located in the heart of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and only has about a 62% acceptance rate. It is no surprise that Temple is the 5th largest provider of professional education in the United States.