Nathan Davis: Signing his intent to Seton Hill

Nathan Davis, a senior at Bellwood-Antis, has a Letter of Intent Signing for Seton Hill University on Thursday, November 12, 2015.

College Bound Q&A

Nathan Davis

BluePrint: What college were you accepted into?

Davis: Seton Hill University with a basketball scholarship.

BluePrint: How many colleges did you apply to?

Davis: I applied to Bloomsburg, Kutztown, and East Stroudsburg.

BluePrint: What made you apply to this specific college?

Davis: It is a very strong school, academically. My brother goes there, and it isn’t too far away from home, either.

BluePrint: What are you planning on majoring in?

Davis: As of now, I am an undecided major, with the intent to major in something dealing with education.

BluePrint: What made you choose this specific major?

Davis: Both of my parents are teachers, and I have always admired the life they have created for themselves and my family.

BluePrint: What do you think will be some of the major differences between college and high school?

Davis: I know that I will have a lot more free time and am going to have to manage my time on my own better. I’ll also have to stay on top of my work. I know it’s going to be a big difference not knowing all of the students I will see on campus or in my classes.

BluePrint: What are your feelings on moving on from Bellwood-Antis High School?

Davis: It’s a bittersweet feeling. I’ve come to love the people and town of Bellwood, itself. It’s going to be difficult when I play my last basketball game, run my last track race, and graduate from high school. I know that college is going to be a great experience though, and it’ll be fun having a year to go through it all with my brother.

Seton Hill University, founded in 1885, is a Catholic liberal arts university located in Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands. With over 80 undergraduate academic courses, Seton Hill’s 2,000+ students are committed to their motto: Hazzard yet Forward.