Emily Hoover: H2P

Hannah Klesius

Senior, Emily Hoover, shows her Pitt Pride. #H2P

College Bound Q&A

Emily Hoover

BluePrint: What college were you accepted into?

Hoover: I was accepted at the Johnstown branch of the University of Pittsburgh.

I decided when I toured UPJ that it was the school for me. It’s close to home but far enough away to stay on campus.

— Emily Hoover

BluePrint: How many colleges did you apply to?

Hoover: I applied to UPJ and Penn State at the Altoona branch.

BluePrint: What made you apply to this specific college?

Hoover: I have always wanted to go to Pitt. I decided when I toured UPJ that it was the school for me. It’s close to home but far enough away to stay on campus. As an added bonus I get to share a dorm with one of my best friends from high school.

BluePrint: What are you planning on majoring in?

Hoover: I want to finish with a degree in Chemistry.

BluePrint: What made you choose this specific major?

Hoover: I love working with the chemicals! Everything is very uniform and organized. I find it fascinating that chemistry is happening all around us.

BluePrint: What do you think will be some of the major differences between college and high school?

Hoover: Long classes, freedom to do whatever I want, seeing new faces, and the ability to be whoever I want. I’m especially excited for all of the coffee I’m going to drink on long study nights.

BluePrint: What are your feelings on moving on from Bellwood-Antis High School?

Hoover: I’m mostly excited to see what the future has in store for me, but there is also a part of me that is sad to be leaving this part of my life behind.

University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, UPJ, is a division of the University of Pittsburgh. It is the largest of the Pitt branch campuses and has around 3,000 students. With 100+ organizations and clubs, the Mountain cats are proud participants of the NCAA Division II and have a 17:1 student to professor ratio; a great advantage for someone looking to attend a smaller campus, with big university connections.