Winning in Windber

Sally Padula

Speech team members in cude: front row (l to r) Jeremy Morrissey, Alivia Jacobs, Addison Clemente and Brande Robison. Back row (l to r): Dejah Rhodes, Michelle Miller, Hannah Hornberger, Sydney Patterson, Revel Southwell, Luke Hollingshead and Kerri Little.

Cory Parson, Staff Writer

On Monday, December 14, Bellwood-Antis traveled to participate in a speech meet at Windber high school. Under the direction of Mrs. Sally Padula, B-A had 8 different people that placed in this meet, including first-place winners Luke Hollingshead and Revel Southwell, who took first in duo with their piece “The Duet Show.”

Luke Hollingshead and Revel Southwell placed first in duo at the Windber speech meet.
Sallly Padula

Other place-winners are as follows:

Second place Public Forum- Hannah Hornberger & Kerri Little

Second place Informative- Jenna Bartlett

Fourth place Prose- Addison Clemente, Alivia Jacobs

Fifth place Prose- Stephanie Mills

The meet was the first win for Luke and Revel, and they both felt good about it.

“I haven’t done speech for a couple years, so it was nice to get back in the game for Luke and win,” said Revel “Luke is normally the nervous one. I just keep a cocky mindset in order to offset it.”

Bartlett, a freshman, earned her place with a piece on marathon running.

“I thought I did really bad, but (the judges) really liked it,” said Bartlett.

The team’s next meet is in mid-January and all of our competitors hope to follow in the Senior’s footsteps and bring home wins as well.