FEATURE TEACHER: Mr. Webreck

Maria Cuevas

Mr. Webreck and FFA Parlimentarian Johanna Whiteford smile for a picture.

Julianna Norris, Copy/Page Editor

Bellwood-Antis Agriculture teacher Mr. Matthew Webreck is involved in many different activities at Bellwood-Antis. Besides being the Agriculture teacher, he is also the FFA adviser.

FFA, which stands for Future Farmers of America, is the future of agriculture. It is an organization that promotes leadership in students, and it also allows for future career success through agriculture education. Their motto is “Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve.” This encourages students to do their best and pushes them to strive for a better future for themselves.

FFA is important because it instills the purpose of agriculture into today’s youth.

— Mr. Webreck

Mr. Webreck has been involved in FFA ever since he was in high school himself, so he knows all about FFA.

“I was involved in the Brothers Valley FFA chapter,” said Mr. Webreck.

While it does depend on the members, FFA is heavily student-driven and there is plenty of student involvement. However, Mr. Webreck has a big responsibility as well.

“My job is to provide guidance for members throughout their journey,” said Mr. Webreck.

While the main goal of FFA is to learn through agriculture education, the members of FFA also love to have fun. Mr. Webreck has had a major part in setting up many different activities for the students, such as the charter banquet, agricultural day, National FFA Week, and various trips.

Club members recognize how special an adviser Mr. Webrck is.

“Mr. Webreck is awesome,” said junior Paulino Cuevas. “He’s one of the best teachers I have ever had. He gets to know his students, and he helps a lot of us find our paths in school and life. Along with being a great teacher, he is also a friend.”

Mr. Webreck knows that all the effort he puts into FFA activities and events is worth it, because he is bettering the lives of his students.

“FFA is important because it instills the purpose of agriculture into today’s youth,” said Mr. Webreck.