Renaissance Club hosting spooktacular night

Community invited to Trick or Treat Night at the high school

File photo

Students at BA love to dress up for Halloween.

Julian Bartlebaugh, Staff Writer

Bellwood-Antis High School is turning into a house of horrors this Halloween, with each room transforming into a thrilling time with the Renaissance club’s first Trick or Treat Night!

The B-A Renaissance Club is sponsoring the safe trick or treat event at the high school Tuesday, October 30.

“Some other schools around the area have held similar events, and we thought it would be a great way to bring together our entire school,” said Mrs. Alli Stinson, one of the co-advisors of Renaissance Club.

Mrs. Stinson, and Ms. Carrie Clippard want to have a fun and safe community event involving as many Bellwood-Antis clubs and sports teams as possible. The B-A BluePrint is sponsoring a room of scary green screens to provide photo opportunities. The chorus and theater are turning the auditorium into a haunted house. The Key Club will have a room of glowing eyes, and Aevidum will have a chain room.

We want to create community events that allow everyone to participate.

— Ms. Stinson

Home Ec Club will be filling their room with Halloween cookies, while the cheerleaders will fill their room with terrifying princesses.

PJAS will have a room based off airplanes and NHS will have marshmallows.

One student organizer, Mya Decker, said, “it’s a way to involve the community with the clubs. Parents are concerned for the safety of children going out so were bringing it to them. Everyone has to be involved for it to work.”

Teachers have been in contact with Kelly Shura about having donations be made to the BAHS MiniThon in honor of her daughter Maddie, who died in 2017 after a year-long battle with cancer.

“We are not charging to attend, but we are accepting donations to B-A Mini-Thon in honor of Maddie Shura,” said Mrs. Stinson.

“This event is another part of our Renaissance program. We want to create community events that allow everyone to participate. This is exciting seeing our students embrace this movement to create and celebrate ‘moments that matter,'”  Mrs. Stinson said.