Feature Teacher: Rick Schreier

Passionate About the Community of Bellwood-Antis

Sierra Yingling

Middle School teacher Rick Schreier puts a lot into the school community he loves. Along with coaching on the varsity football staff, he is also a winter sports clock operator and a volunteer at spring track meets.

Bellwood-Antis Middle School teacher Rick Schreier chose a career in education because he’s always enjoyed school, and he wanted to be able to pass his love of learning to young people.

“I had great role models and experiences that encouraged me to choose this career. I love coming to work and I know that my work is not done yet,” he said.

Not only does Mr.Schreier love what he does, he also loves where he does it.

I’m amazed by Mr.Schreier’s dedication to the students of Bellwood-Antis. Just as important is his dedication to making the community a better place.

— Middle School Principal Mr. Don Wagner

“Bellwood-Antis has a great community. I am proud to tell people that I work for this district. The students here are so talented and I enjoy the opportunities I have to watch them grow up after exiting 8th grade,” he added.

Middle school principal Mr. Wagner says Mr.Schrier gives much of his time to Bellwood-Antis both in the playing field and in class.

“I’m amazed by Mr.Schreier’s dedication to the students of Bellwood-Antis. Just as important is his dedication to making the community a better place,” Mr. Wagner said.

The students appreciate Mr.Schreier as much as he appreciates them.

“He’s one of my favorite teachers. He knows what he’s doing and he tried to teach everyone in the same manner,” eighth grader Skylar Grossen said.

Mr. Schreieralso  has a career he would like to pursue that many people don’t know about.

“I have a certification in school administration so someday if the right opportunity presents itself I’d like to be a building level principal,” Schreier said.

Mr.Schreier has been teaching 8th grade science and history for 16 years. He has been at Bellwood-Antis for 12 years, before which he put in a year at Huntingdon Area and three years at Montoursville Area.

Mr. Schreier is married to Gwen and has three sons: Chance, Holden, and Reid