ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Ethan Norris

Terry McCaulley

Ethan Norris finished a successful wrestling career last weeks with an appearance at Regionals.

Tighe Eaken Jr., Staff Writer

Senior wrestler Ethan Norris has been named the Blueprint’s Athlete of The Week.

Ethan was the last standing B-A winter sport athlete, after he placed fourth at Districts, advancing him to regionals. There, his season ultimately came to an end this past weekend at the Altoona Area High School field house.

“It didn’t end how I wanted it to” said Ethan. “My goal was to place in states, but at the end of the day I got a lot better at wrestling this season and made a ton of great memories.”

Ethan has been wrestling since middle school, and has proved himself over time to be one of the better wrestlers to come through B-A in recent years. He finished his three-year varsity career with a record of 47-28 and won 20 matches in each of the last two seasons. 

Ethan also was a star linebacker/guard for the varsity football team his junior and senior year, showing his raw athleticism every chance he got. He will be playing in the Lezzer Lumber All Star Game on June 11, in Tyrone.

Ethan is also active in not only sports, but through clubs as a member of FCA and Blue Devil Buddies.

After high school, Ethan plans to continue his wrestling career at the next level, where he is planning to join the club team at Liberty University while he studies business.

As Ethan leaves B-A next year, he wants to encourage others to join the wrestling team.

“I would say 100% do it. Wrestling is the toughest high school sport, but I promise you it’s going to teach you more lessons than anything else,” Ethan said. “There’s also nothing like that adrenaline rush you get when you step onto the mat with your opponent. It’s sick!”

Ethan’s favorite quote that he likes to go by is from Penn State wrestling coach Cael Sanderson: “Unless you continually work, evolve, and innovate, you’ll learn a quick and painful lesson from someone who has.” 

Congratulations Ethan!